Monday, May 12, 2008

Octopi, Oh My....





I altered my octopus pattern a bit this weekend and started making the tentacles a bit shorter, and the head more bulbous. I think I like the way they turned out. Very cutesy, less creepy (but I do like mild creepiness)! I think these are really cute for kids since the safety eyes are in there good. With the prompting of Jeff, I started making more robots. This one turned out really well, but the robots seem to take a lot out of me as far as all the different parts I have to sew together. They are definitely one of those things that I need a break from after making one. We also bit the bullet and purchased a faux e-z up 10' X10' tent today for I.C.E.. We thought we knew someone that had one to borrow, but that fell through, so I looked into renting one. It was at least $75 to rent and we bought this one brand new for $82. It was between a blue and khaki roof color, and we went for the khaki since I was worried about a possible blue tint happening inside the tent. I need to start working on my banner as well. I bought a canvas drop cloth to use and I want to use cut out, mismatched, fabric letters on it with a possible painted on faux wood grain. Jeff has also promised to help on this project after he is done with all his fun coloring!


Where do the weekends go? There is just not enough time for all I want to make and do! Oh, and the countdown is on til our Jekyll Island vacation!!!


10 days and counting.....

No comments: