Friday, May 9, 2008

Whales and such...





I'm still trucking along with all the makings for the craft fair. This week was a bit slow as far as my productivity...I'm going to have to catch up this weekend with some double-time crafting! My husband and I spend most nights this week making these tags that are for the 'swag bags' at I.C.E. (The first 500 attendees get a cute bag filled with all kinds of goodies and such!) I did most of the cutting and punching and Jeff did the majority of the coloring. I think he really enjoyed it and by the end of these he was wanting new critters to color! He was even coloring when I came home from work today!




I also whipped up a couple of fabric, machine-sewn whales last night. I think they look pretty cute....it's also a good way for me to use up some of my fabric stash. A lot of the fabrics I'm using for these are vintage or thrifted (and washed of course) and the Ikea fabric was used at my wedding last year. I bought many yards of it and I've made quite a bit of things from it. My favorite is a giant tote (overnight) bag that has a wine stain ring on it. It reminds me of how fun that night was and how hard Jeff and I worked to do it all ourselves! Here are a few pictures from our wedding since it is almost our 1 year anniversary (but 7th year together!!)

No comments: