Thursday, November 20, 2008

fattycakes in the news....




I.C.E. was great last Saturday and I really enjoyed talking with everyone and seeing all the great handmade items. There was so much talent there and great handmade gifts! I bought a few things for myself and great illustration for the guest bedroom. Pictures to come of my booth!
fattycakes has been kinda in the news lately.....check out these links






These two links are from my good friend Lesley, who is an avid blogger. Check out her blog Homemade Grits for everything from family to babies to organization!




And I met a super nice new friend and fellow plushie maker Fluffy Flowers at I.C.E. She blogged about I.C.E., featuring a great mini octopus picture from my booth. See it here http://fluffyflowers.typepad.com/fluffy_flowers/2008/11/ice-atlanta-holiday-08.html




I'm also on pg. 29 of the Creative Loafing Holiday Guide out at newstands now. They have a great section on money-saving d.i.y. for the holidays featuring an article with myself and Shannon Mulkey of Patina and I.C.E. fame (she is one of the two wonderful organizers). Check it out and learn how to make this felt toast ornament!




And last but not least, fattycakes will be at the Big Angel Blowout at Whitespace this Thursday through Sunday so please stop by for some great holiday shopping!
Things are getting crazy and around here and we are gearing up for our first Thanksgiving in our new house! We are so excited and will be hosting both sets of our parents, and Jeff will be cooking a fabulous meal....I can't wait!


1 comment:

Dana said...

it was so good to meet you too! i love your work and loved your summer set up at ICE! my husband kept looking out of our tent at your tent saying how neat your stuff was...but he never got the nerve to look. hehe. thanks for following my blog! good luck at your upcoming shows and congrates on the write-ups!!!