Sunday, June 22, 2008

Back to Craftin'....

This weekend Jeff and I spent some time hitting up our favorite local thrift stores. We mostly end up coming away with books and I usually purchase some fabric or printed sheets to use for stuffies. We have been on the hunt lately for great mid-century modern home books and furniture books. We found two great ones yesterday, the first is Sunset's Planning Your New Home from 1967. The second is in conjunction with the Parsons School of Design and is called More Furniture in 24 Hours from 1978. I also picked up The Complete Book of Sewing from 1972...which you can imagine, has some great pictures! We also stopped by the Varsity on Jimmy Carter for lunch which made my day!

After we got home, I broke out all the crafting supplies and started whipping up these tiny plush logs. I'm not sure why I hadn't thought to make tiny versions to go with the big stumps. They turned out so cute and squishy! I really am completely enamored with tiny things!

No comments: